Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Dinner and a Show.

Curry in a hurry.
Hanoi, Vietnam – Amidst a symphony of horns, it was dinner and a show.

I ventured out on my own this evening to become better acclimated with my surroundings, and found myself perched high above one of Hanoi’s large roundabouts near Hoan Kiem Lake at rush hour.

Sitting on the third-floor patio of Legend Beer, I found the chicken curry to be nothing to write home about (although I am, ironically, doing just that), but their dunkel was a nice treat to celebrate my first day at work. This is a country known more for basic adjunct lagers and Bia Hoi than microbrews, so it was a particularly nice find at the end of my street.

Below, the ballet of scooters left me mesmerized.

Absolutely fascinating, this seemingly organized mayhem.

No comments:

Post a Comment