Thursday, November 5, 2009

Victoria, Victorious.

Victoria, BC – Five days, 4,436.8 kilometres, nine American states and two Canadian provinces later, we have arrived in British Columbia’s capital.

With the journey, I found new pleasure in Combos snacks and the west coast’s microbreweries’ winter beers. We saw far too many deer left on the sides of roads, but plenty more scampering about, with antelope, bison and big-horned sheep. The topography changed too many times to count. Mountains and oceans are happy places for me and I am in awe, still, at the Badlands of South Dakota. I continue to love Seattle, though the gorgeous weather lasted only until Washington, and rain greets me here, now.

But we have arrived. And Montana is finally behind us.

Vitals:
  • Time: 13 hours (including ferry, waiting)
  • Distance: 552.9 kilometres
  • Weather: Rain, Cloud, Moderate
  • States/Provinces: Washington, British Columbia
  • Wildlife: None

No comments:

Post a Comment