Sunday, December 10, 2006

Penang, Evening.

Penang, Malaysia - We had a ball this evening at the Bukit Jambul mall, where we discovered a sizeable arcade. Good thing SCS and I aren't the least bit competitive. Nah, not at all. Pop-a-shot: check. SCS showed very good form and was good competition. Arcade motor bike racing: check. No clue how a guy my size is to fit on one of those wobbly things. Oh wait, there's also that small detail of balance. Whoops. There goes SCS, tearing down the hairpin turns while I bounce off of walls, wounding only my ego. Must be all her experience on a scooter. Redemption time at the air hockey table, something about which SCS has talked a bunch of smack. Too bad that was the only smack to her game this evening. Two straight -- one, playing by her rules. And the other, by the right rules. I know, she said something about her thigh hurting. A fun, fun time -- and we were good sports about it. Most of the time.

I was pretty excited to get home to my 'dinner in a bag', which I rustled up at an Indian restaurant across from the mall. Take-away. Yum. One guy cooked up some chapati on a giant grill in front of me, flipping it in the air like pizza dough. Another had me choose what I'd like from a number of dishes in front of me: some rice, some sweet chicken legs and something else with shrimp in it. Throwing it all on the plate with gusto, he painted the completed dish with a flourish of a couple more sauces, tied up the bag and wrapped it in newspaper. For maybe $2-3. Voilà, dinner is served.

No comments:

Post a Comment